Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ph.D. in meteorology, atmospheric science, environmental science, or a closely related field, with a focus on cloud research.
- Experience in comprehending the underlying processes governing the evolution of convection and aerosol-cloud interactions.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- A record of publication in high-quality, internationally recognized journals
- Strong collaborative skills, enabling effective teamwork and the ability to contribute to a diverse and interdisciplinary research group.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with atmospheric modeling at the Large Eddy Simulation (LES) or cloud-resolving scales.
- Proficiency in utilizing observations from remote sensing instrumentation for the study of clouds and precipitation, including experience with cloud radar and passive or active satellite sensors.
- Knowledge of aerosol measurement techniques and familiarity with aerosol data analysis methods.
- Strong programming skills, with expertise in data analysis software such as Python, MATLAB, R, IDL, or FORTRAN. Demonstrated ability to efficiently manipulate and analyze large datasets, and to develop customized algorithms or scripts for scientific data processing.
- Initial 2-year term appointment subject to renewal contingent on performance and funding
- BNL policy requires that after obtaining a PhD, eligible candidates for research associate appointments may not exceed a combined total of 5 years of relevant work experience as a post-doc and/or in an R&D position, excluding time associated with family planning, military service, illness or other life-changing events
- This is an on-site position eligible for consideration of flexible work arrangement (hybrid telework) at the discretion of the manager/dept chair
- Review of applications begins immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
- The appointment will be under the direction of Dr. Die Wang.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time-off and Leave Programs (vacation, holidays, sick leave, paid parental leave)
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Tuition Assistance, Training and Professional Development Programs
- Employee Fitness/Wellness & Recreation: Gym/Basketball Courts, Weight Room, Fitness Classes, Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts, Sports Clubs/Activities (Basketball, Ping Pong, Softball, Tennis)