Student Life Coordinator (Grant Funded) - Non Ranked Professional
Niagara County Community College
Location: Sanborn, New York
Internal Number: 2109
Position Category: Full Time Staff
Position Status: 12 Month
Advertised Salary: $53,719
The Student Life department at Niagara County Community College (NCCC) is seeking an energetic, creative and student focused higher education professional. The Student Life Coordinator is a full-time, 12-month non-ranked professional, grant funded position reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Student Services and Campus Engagement.
This position will primarily be responsible for developing, managing, promoting, and facilitating a broad spectrum of campus activities and programs which cultivate a vibrant/active social life for students and helps nurture student leadership development.
Niagara County Community College provides phenomenal benefits for our employees. These benefits are part of a total compensation package comprised of more than just a salary, which includes participation in the NYS Retirement System as well as benefits that not only cover you and your family's health but also your well-being as we understand the importance of allowing our employees to have a healthy work-life balance. Please visit https://www.niagaracc.suny.edu/hr/benefits/ to view our benefit offerings.
Typical Work Activities:
1. Coordinates a variety of opportunities for student involvement in student activities, community service/volunteerism, and leadership events.
2. Coordinates the development and implementation of student life/student activities/campus programming events including new student orientation, speakers and performers, general student activities, leadership conferences and retreats.
3. Coordinates the NCCC Student Ambassador Program to include the organization and training of students who are able to assist with different events and areas of support services such as new student orientation, open house events, campus tours, CCI Day, etc.
4. Acts as the Student Government Association Advisor and assist students with the preparation of the SGA Programming budget.
5. Responsible for the coordination of NCCC Summer Academic camps.
6. Acts as the direct supervisor for the Student Life Technical Assistant.
7. Oversees the student worker program within the Office of Student Activities.
8. Coordinates the development and preparation of promotional materials and resources for the Student Life Office, for example: mailers, flyers, newsletters, calendars, student planners, web site, electronic documents, Scheduling Software, and mass e-mails to students.
9. Oversees and manages the negotiation of contracts for performers, lecturers, and vendors. Ensures needs of performers are wholly met, including booking of accommodations, comfort upon arrival to campus, and adequacy of performance space (including any unique setup requirements).
10. Coordinates programs that enhance the Student Life aspect of the College on both the Sanborn and the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute.
11. Prepares, maintains, and submits accurate records and reports as assigned.
12. Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President for Student Services and Campus Engagement.
Ability to navigate relationships with a diverse population; must be able to physically perform typical work activities; must be able to operate computers; must be able to speak to groups; must be able to write reports; must be available evenings and weekends.
One year full or part-time equivalent paid professional experience working in some aspect of student life or Student Services in a higher education setting or one year experience as a graduate student working in student life in a higher education setting.
Special Instructions Summary:
For full consideration applications must be submitted by June 25, 2023. If a viable candidate is not found during the initial review, applications submitted after June 25, 2023 will be considered.
Niagara County Community College considers only those applications that clearly demonstrate the applicant meets all required qualifications as indicated on the posting, please review the qualifications before applying. Persons meeting the required qualifications as stated above should submit the following:
cover letter that addresses each of the qualifications
names and contact information for three (3) current, work related references
Incomplete packets will be rejected for lack of information.
NCCC does not discriminate and prohibits harassment or discrimination related to any protected category including creed, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, marital status, political or social affiliation, age, race, color, veteran status, military status, religion, sexual orientation, domestic violence status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or perceived gender. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Our college nurtures and empowers its students and employees in ways that recognize and value our common humanity as well as the richness of our diversity. NCCC offers high-quality academic programs leading to degrees and certificates which are supported by outstanding student services in an inclusive and welcoming environment. NCCC provides a variety of cultural, social, and international experiences, as well as community education and workforce development that supports economic development that positively impacts the quality of life of valued stake-holders. The College operates through a collegial model of shared governance and transparency, and is accountable to meet the highest standards of professionalism and integrity.
Established in 1962, NCCC offers a comprehensive and vibrant learning environment with an enrollment of approximately 3,090 students (Fall 2021 semester). The student to faculty ratio is 12:1, providing a high degree of personalized attention and connection between students and faculty.
The NCCC campus, located in Sanborn, NY, offers easy access to both Buffalo, NY and Niagara Falls State Park, and is minutes from the Canadian border. The campus is centr...ally located between the county’s three main cities of Lockport, Niagara Falls, and North Tonawanda. NCCC serves the community in two locations within Niagara County, at the Sanborn campus, and at the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute, located in the heart of downtown Niagara Falls.
NCCC continues to actively expand with the recent opening of its Learning Commons Center, a $25 million dollar project on the Sanborn campus. In just a short period of time, it has become the nucleus of the campus; a place for faculty to collaborate and help students develop critical thinking skills while incorporating state-of-the-art technology and innovative student support services.
NCCC welcomes applicants who are committed in helping us fulfill our mission and to reach our vision of being a leader in providing a dynamic, high quality, educational environment responsive to current and emerging needs of our students and community. At NCCC we embrace diversity and promote inclusion throughout the institution and seek candidates who share those principles and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.