Come be a part of something big! Smart Minds, Cool Jobs, and Awesome Rewards! Fueled by innovation, talent and ambition, the Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is seeking civilian professionals prepared to deploy war-winning capabilities on behalf of the United States Air Force.
The Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is currently seeking candidates for an Interdisciplinary Engineer, GS-13 at JBSA Lackland, TX. This position and may be filled by qualified candidates in the following occupations: Computer Engineer, GS-0854-13, Electronics Engineer, GS-0855-13, Operations Research Analyst, GS- 1515-13, Computer Scientist, GS-1550-13. But it is not mandatory. We are looking for exceptionally bright individuals with a mind like yours, to help the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center’s Joint Cyber Command and Control Program (JCC2) fill mission-critical roles.
This position is covered by the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel Systems (DCIPS). For additional information about DCIPS, click here:
Veteran’s preference applies to external candidates.
This position can close at any time. Apply Now!
Salary: $84,546 - $115,544
The primary purpose of this position is to provide professional and scientific expertise in performance of work requiring knowledge and application of engineering, mathematics, statistical analysis, modeling/simulation, and/or other scientific principles, methods, and techniques. Applies multi-discipline knowledge in the planning, research, design, development, test, evaluation, integration, acquisition, dissemination, sustainment, modification, and/or exploitation of complex electronic systems to support the organization's mission objectives.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret clearance.
-This is a Drug Testing Designated Position.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or Mathematics, statistics. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus. All academic degrees and course work must be from accredited or pre-accredited institution (Please include transcripts).
- May be required to travel in military and/or commercial aircraft to perform duty assignments.
- Positions designated as an Acquisition Development Program. Incumbent must meet or be capable of meeting Defense Acquisition Work Improvement Act (DAWIA) requirements.
- Position requires polygraph testing and incumbent will be subject to periodic polygraph testing.
- Performs a broad range of Crypto/Cyber or Software Engineering assignments entailing unique problems, creativity, innovative use of techniques, advanced approaches, and/or new technologies.
- Utilizes scientific inquiry in the independent development of mathematical models and computer programs to evaluate and predict the ability to support assigned projects, studies, or problems.
- Provides technical guidance, advisory support, and assistance on an entire project and/or major phases for broad and varied operations.
- Attends meetings, conferences, briefings, and seminars related to program planning, advanced technologies, and support system concepts.
- Accomplishes professional development and maintains technical proficiency through professional interaction with technical and professional societies, associations, academia, symposia, contractors, research, and development (R&D) organizations, and participation in formal training programs.
Your qualifications will be evaluated based on your level of knowledge, skills abilities and /or competencies in the following areas:
- Professional knowledge of engineering, mathematics, statistical analysis, modeling/simulation, and/or other scientific concepts, principles, standards, methods, techniques, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of agency, AF, Department of Defense (DoD) and national-level doctrine, regulations, policies, guidelines, requirements, and initiatives related to assigned program(s) and/or project(s).
- Knowledge of security procedures to maintain control of classified material.
- Skill in applying analytical and evaluative techniques to identify, investigate, resolve complex issues or problems, and modify standard practices and techniques to solve complex interrelated problems.
- Skill, judgment, resourcefulness, originality, and ability to foresee the impact of changing technology.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, to produce highly technical reports, position papers, and briefings; resolve conflicts based on mature judgment and experience; effectively negotiate complex issues; and maintain good working relationships.
To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the federal government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for federal employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to E.O. 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine. More information on COVID-19 requirements may be found at: https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/. (Last Updated: 24 Jan 2022).
To receive additional information about current and future job openings with AFCS via email notification, please register at www.Afciviliancareers.com and sign up to “Get Career Updates.”
AFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. citizenship required. Must be of legal working age.
AIR FORCE CIVILIAN SERVICEYou know the U.S. Air Force is the mightiest in the world. It is admired and respected by friend and foe alike.But did you know it takes thousands of civilians to keep the Air Force powerful and effective? We are the 170,000 civilians who do just that.Working shoulder to shoulder with the men and women in uniform, we are a force to be reckoned with—keeping the Air Force ready for action, ready for anything.FORCES. JOINED.WE ARE CIVILIAN STRONGAs civilians, we share the same responsibility to our nation as the men and women in uniform. We share the same passion as well. Together, we develop innovations and harness the energy to meet every challenge.Working in over 600 occupations and professions, we are the backbone of the Air Force, sustaining its aircraft, its facilities, its infrastructure, its systems. And all 300,000 active duty Airmen.We are engineers working in research labs and social workers helping kids acclimate to new environments. We are physicians treating Airmen and their families. We are cybersecurity experts guarding against hackers. We are police officers, aircraft mechanics, nuclear physicists, and mathematicians. We are HR professionals,... electricians, and rocket scientists. And so much more.A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITHThe Air Force is renowned for its unparalleled innovation and deployment of paradigm-shifting systems. Air Force Civilian Service is helping drive that innovation with a focus on breakthroughs in technology and in human potential.To that end, we maintain research facilities and dedicated laboratories in 22 locations across the country. Staffed by over 16,000 civilians, these laboratories are on the cutting edge of discovery and innovation, and our scientists and engineers work with technology and advanced equipment unavailable anywhere else.COMMUNITIES OF SUPPORTWe also create and sustain communities for ourselves and our active duty colleagues on over 80 Air Force bases and installations in the U.S. and nearly a dozen around the world.These communities are vital to the well-being of Airmen and their families and contribute to Air Force readiness in mind, body, and spirit.STRENGTH IN DIVERSITYAFCS values the strength that comes from our diverse perspectives and abilities and from our different backgrounds and experiences. This is essential to our creativity and success.We rely on inspired thinking from any and every member of our team and cultivate multicultural viewpoints, varied education, and life experiences to fuel innovation in every field of operation essential to the Air Force mission. Success is assured when everyone contributes.