Lathrop GPM, one of the nation's leading law firms, has an immediate opening for a Manager of Recruiting and Employee Relations. Lathrop GPM is a full-service, Am Law 200 law firm with offices in Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Jefferson City, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Overland Park, St. Cloud, St. Louis, and Washington, D.C. Our clients are at the heart of everything we do. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a professional, challenging, yet comfortable hybrid working environment. This position can be located in our Minneapolis, MN or Kansas City, Mo office.
The Manager of Recruitment & Employee Relations is responsible defining and implementing an innovative recruitment and retention strategy. This position will manage a variety of recruiting processes and initiatives for the firm. This position will play a critical role to acquire and maintain top talent and drive growth of the firm. The position will also manage employee relations and coaching and other various HR initiatives. The Manager of Recruitment & Employee Relations will also be expected to manage the systems that support these processes.
· Assess, design, and implement overall recruiting strategy, defining best practices as a key part of overall human resources operations
· Meet established hiring goals, objectives, and defined metrics
· Create, provide, and present recruitment status reports to Senior Leadership and Department Heads
· Collaborate with other human resources team members, particularly on the Organizational Development, Talent Acquisition and Diversity & Inclusion teams
· Manage the full recruiting lifecycle across a variety of open roles, leading the charge of locating and introducing candidates to Lathrop GPM
· Conduct periodic local, industry market research to inform recruitment best practices and strategy for the legal industry
· Develop, update, and release compelling job descriptions and job specifications with hiring managers
· Build and maintain strong relationships with office administrators, hiring managers and others across the organization
· Assist in conducting exit Interviews and stay Interviews, compile data for real time action and feedback
· Manage the retention efforts across all departments and roles, meeting periodically with all new hires at defined intervals to promote retention
· Lead other internal retention efforts by building trust and empowering work relationships with all internal stakeholders (staff, management, leadership)
Employee Relations Management
· Lead the effort to maintain a positive employee relations climate by facilitating discussions or by providing consistent advice and guidance to managers and employees for problem resolution of work-related conflict
· Interprets and applies understanding of corporate policy, employment law, and other regulations to provide immediate advice, guidance or clarification for ER inquiries
· Provide coaching and support to managers and supervisors
· Maintain required documentation including intake and investigative notes, supporting documents and final reports
HR Initiative Management - (Engagement Initiative – on going)
· Oversee development and release of employee engagement and satisfaction surveys firmwide
· Manage engagement matters and coordinate efforts with engagement task force and report findings to appropriate leadership
· Manage other HR initiatives as needed
• Proven track record supporting talent management programs
• Excellent client service focus and ability to develop effective partnerships
• Excellent communicator with experience interacting at all levels of the business
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage change, multiple priorities, and deadlines
• Ability to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations, or government law
• Strong technical skills and familiarity with talent management/human resource systems
• The qualified candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in business, organizational development/psychology or a related field and at least 4+ years of experience in a Human Resources Role
We celebrate and support diversity and the benefits it brings to our workplaces, clients and communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It is the employment policy and practice of Lathrop GPM to recruit and hire employees without discrimination because of race, color, sex, gender, religion, age, national origin, military status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law.
Lathrop GPM LLP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a professional, challenging, yet comfortable working environment. Lathrop GPM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Lathrop GPM without prior approval from the HR Manager will be considered unsolicited and the property of Lathrop GPM.
Successful businesses think ahead. At Lathrop GPM, we make it our business to help you anticipate trends and plan for challenges. Working together, we build exciting futures.
Lathrop GPM serves a client base whose businesses form the backbone of our economy. Our clients run factories, build skylines, cure diseases, create jobs and power our world. And we work alongside them the entire way – immersing ourselves in our clients’ organizations and partnering with them to understand the big picture, so we can think past the day-to-day and help our clients anticipate future challenges. From the research lab to the factory floor, from oil fields to skyscrapers – we work as one integrated team to help our clients achieve their most important objectives.
Lathrop GPM was formed in 2020 through the combination of two 100+-year firms, both with strong Midwestern cores – Lathrop Gage (established in Kansas City in 1873) and Gray Plant Mooty (established in Minneapolis in 1866). Our nearly 400 attorneys practice in 14 offices nationwide, located from coast to coast – allowing us to quickly respond to clients’ needs at the local, state or national levels.
Clients are at the heart of ever...ything we do. At Lathrop GPM, we help businesses, organizations, and individuals grow and succeed. Our work helps them seize opportunities, solve problems and dominate market spaces. With deep industry experience in health care and life sciences, franchise and distribution, agribusiness, manufacturing, and higher education, our commitment is to long-term relationships, not just transactions.
We want to lead the future of your legal services, together.