The responsibilities of the Associate Ratings Analyst position includes conducting through research and fundamental credit analysis; a solid understanding of financial statements; building financial models and forecasts; and writing analytical reports on rated corporate entities. The successful candidate is able to work effectively in a dynamic environment, be technology savvy, possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, is customer-oriented, and demonstrates excellent presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences.
We are currently looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our Corporate Ratings group as an Associate. You will assess the credit quality of companies in the Chemicals sector, including commodity and specialty focused companies. Credit experience is highly preferred.
The successful candidate will be a proven leader who excels in a collaborative team environment, possesses a strong desire to continuously improve and innovate, exhibits role model behavior, and provides the highest customer service standards whilst adhering to established ratings criteria, methodology, policies and procedures.
The Career Opportunity:
As an Associate, you are working as part of the Corporate Ratings group at S&P Global Ratings. With the guidance of a senior analyst, a qualified Associate typically maintains direct analytical responsibility for a portfolio of rated corporate issuers. These responsibilities include ongoing surveillance and rating recommendations, maintaining analytical contact with rated entities' senior management, and presentation of analytical findings to internal and external constituencies. We prepare our most successful Associates to become our future senior analysts that act as spokespersons and senior analytical leaders in sector teams.
The Business: When you join S&P Global Ratings, you join one of the world's leading providers of independent credit risk research and benchmarks. You are part of a team that produces high quality fundamental research based on established criteria, you have the opportunity to ask probing questions to senior corporate executives, and interact with the global investor community.
* At S&P Global Ratings, your analytical opinion truly matters and each person who works here has an essential role in S&P Global Ratings reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence.
* S&P Global Ratings plays a vital role in bringing transparency and comparability to the financial markets and helps investors and others measure and manage credit risk
* With offices in 26 countries, rating $47.5 trillion in debt, and with nearly 1,400 credit analysts, S&P Global Ratings is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure. For more than 150 years, we have provided investors and financers the data and information they need in order to more easily, quickly and efficiently provide capital to businesses and governments.
* MBA in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics and/or CFA preferred.
* Solid, demonstrable experience (3+ years) within a large commercial bank, investment bank, investing institution/asset manager, or an audit company working in the field of credit analysis of multinational corporations or equivalent military experience.
* Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statement analysis and accounting concepts.
* Proficiency with figures and the ability to maintain accuracy and be detail oriented while complying with deadlines.
* Strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills. Ability to prepare forecasts based upon reasoned assumptions will be required.
* Solid communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the capacity to expand, learn, and make a contribution.
* Successful candidates must have authorization to work. Sponsorship is not available for this position now or in the future.
Our Hiring Manager says:
"I am looking for a dynamic and forward-thinking person that has a solid understanding of the chemicals industry. The ideal candidate will also have a background in credit analysis, demonstrated research and writing skills, a strong work ethic and is a team player. At S&P Global Ratings, our primary responsibility is providing high quality, credible credit research and opinions to inform investors in their investment decisions, and I need to recruit the best qualified person that can help the team meet these high expectations."
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 to $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency, and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group)