The Role: Senior Market Manager - Equity Markets Grade: 11 (Relevant for internals) The Location: New York, USA
The Team: The U.S. Market Management Team within the Global Index Management & Production Group (IMPG).
The Impact: The Senior Market Manager is responsible for researching, analyzing, and ensuring the accurate processing of company information in assigned markets or regions, as well as performing multiple daily production tasks supporting the maintenance of S&P and Dow Jones branded indices.
What's in it for you: As a Senior Market Manager you will be responsible for the maintenance of an assigned group of companies, as well as production and quality assurance tasks. You will coordinate projects and participate in company initiatives. The Senior Market Manager is also required to assist and train junior team members in solving issues, acting as an escalation point for other team members and providing coverage whenever needed.
Research and Analysis on Market Driven Events * Closely monitor and track corporate actions (i.e. Mergers, Acquisitions, Splits, Dividends, etc). Monitor multiple sources for new corporate action announcements. Analyze the effect of these actions on indices and decide on appropriate strategies for index treatment and implementation
* Research, input, interpret and verify corporate actions for assigned markets and ensure they are correctly applied in our systems, in line with SPDJI policies and procedures
* Consult & communicate with other teams on adjustments to indices resulting from corporate actions, in particular those actions with global impact
* Research, analyze and maintain company share, free float and classification information on a regular basis
* Take responsibility for the management of high-profile companies and markets, acting as an industry expert and displaying in-depth knowledge of our product lines
* Lead and coordinate projects, support company initiatives and provide training to other Market Managers for Equity Markets.
* Present analysis to the team and index committees on proposed corporate action treatments.
* Provide backup functions for other team members in other regions
Price Validation and Quality Control
* Validate system-captured prices for hundreds of securities across multiple markets. Review security pricing against multiple sources and resolve discrepancies in order to meet SLAs.
* As a senior member of the team, play a lead role in the team's quality assurance processes, ensuring the overall quality of the team's work
* Create and support automation tools and processes used by the team.
* Become a subject matter expert on technology systems used to maintain S&P Dow Jones Indices. Must demonstrate an ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and platforms.
* Assist and train junior team members on systemic workflows.
* Play a lead role in coordinating with technology teams to further enhance our system capabilities by identifying deficiencies in our workflows, production and quality control processes. Test enhancements to our systems and processes.
Customer Focus and Communication Responsibilities * Maintain customer focus by considering the client impact of changes to indices, communicate changes to other impacted teams in a clear and timely manner. Escalate issues as appropriate.
* Provide timely, complete and accurate responses to client enquiries, working with our client experience team as appropriate
* Manage and maintain key relationships with other groups within the department and across the company, including Index Management, Product Management, Client Coverage and Index Services
* Ensure the timely announcement to clients of certain corporate actions and changes to our policies and procedures
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $83,200 to $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
* 4+ years of professional experience working in financial markets or indices * Demonstrable an understanding of how indices are used and the impact of corporate actions * Bachelor's Degree in a finance-related subject * Good understanding of financial markets * Proficient in interpreting and analyzing corporate filings and annual reports, and apply that analysis to the data inputs used to maintain S&P DJI Indices * Must be able to work independently * Must be able to demonstrate excellent analytical and quantitative capabilities to solve problems * Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and related applications * Excellent written and verbal communication skills * Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is required
Preferred Qualifications: * CFA or advanced degree in business, math, economics, or finance preferred * Direct experience at an index provider and/or financial institution focused on index tracking/replication or portfolio management. * Experience with corporate action research * Understanding of how indices are used and the impact corporate events and rebalance changes have on both indices and financial portfolios * Programming skills and experience preferably in Python and VBA * Knowledge of vendor terminals and vendor data analytical platforms
S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500(r) and the Dow Jones Industrial Average(r). More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.