Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
“This opportunity is for Military personnel who are current participants of Hiring Our Heroes Corporate Fellowship Program Cohort 2-2021."
The Consultant of Inventory Planning is responsible for supporting the Sales & Operational Planning (S&OP) and aggregate Demand (Outflow) planning processes. The Consultant will be responsible for supporting our tactical implementation of strategic initiatives aimed at collaboration, automation, and optimization including One Planning. In addition, you will help implement and drive standards across the entire reverse planning organization. While managing day to day planning activities is imperative, in order to be successful, you should be a strategic thinker who can support large scale transformational projects.
• Support current S&OP reviews, prepare data and metrics for review, identify gaps and generate scenarios for analysis, guide final decision making on open items and trade-offs, and prepare escalations for executive review where appropriate.
• Work with key stakeholders to transform S&OP process to focus on mid and long-term planning horizons to drive strategic decisions.
• Help to develop, and maintain key planning business metrics at operational and executive levels across Supply Chain and Finance, in addition to generating actionable business insights.
• Provide support and accelerated execution of One Planning Program for Reverse, working alongside leaders to ensure effective implementation, governance, and change management.
• Partner with Demand Planners to maintain weekly/monthly aggregate demand plans (Outflow), to understand customer demand, and impacts to inventory.
• Develop and deliver executive level presentations for monthly readouts and strategic initiative updates.
What we’re looking for...
• Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
• 6+ years of relevant work experience.
• Sales and Operational (S&OP) Planning, Inventory Planning, or Forecasting experience.
• Experience working with data.
• Project management experience.
• Willingness to travel.
• Strong analytical and technical skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.