About Us: As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/Overview Statement The Server and Storage Design and Architecture Team identifies and positions new data center infrastructure technologies and services as a component of the overall architectural strategy to meet business needs. The infrastructure includes Hybrid Cloud, Server Hardware and Operating Systems, Storage, Database, and surrounding management and monitoring of those technologies.
The team works closely with the Technology Services and Operations, Integrated Network and communication IS Support Services and the Mass General Brigham (MGB) CTO and Site CIOs as well as various working groups in the organization to continue the evolution of the data center infrastructure (both physical and virtual).
The team is also responsible for architecture, design and documentation of new and emerging data center infrastructure technologies for use throughout MGB, which includes infrastructure certification environment and keeping the center up to date.
This position will also be responsible for working with VMware, EMC and Cisco UCS in order to update, modify and optimize the enterprise platforms (including CPU, memory and disk utilization). Other responsibilities include providing an enterprise certification and design packages that are required for newer technologies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Configure and deploy new designs/solutions in the MGB Infrastructure Certification Center or production test environments (on prem, hybrid and cloud)
• Architecture recommendations around data integrity, backups, restores, failovers and disaster recovery.
• Assist with non-standard provisioning requests.
• Perform or reference system optimization information that will inform enterprise wide infrastructure design changes.
• Technical consultation on complex projects
• Attend vendor roadmap discussions and PHS roadmap discussions to stay knowledgeable about both business needs and solutions that may fit our environment.
• Actively participates in design critiques and presents creative design options and storyboards to product development team members, ensuring that visual design communicates and functions successfully for varying user, technical and performance specifications.
• Builds prototypes to illustrate design concepts and user interaction principles. Able to create intelligent and compelling user interaction designs.
• To understand impact of existing applications and system data structures on design of enhancements or new applications.
• Assume technical ownership of all vRealize development activities including day-to-day management of the vRealize Platform. • Identification & technical development of vRealize Scripts, Workflows Orchestrations
• Designs, codes, tests and debugs software.
• Writes technical requirements documents.
• Assists other members of the IT Service Management group with technical support in the development and implementation of system projects and support efforts.
• Uses the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
• Performs all other duties as required.
• Bachelor's degree or greater in Computer Science or a related discipline or 5 years related experience
• 5+ years of experience converting business requirements into workable solutions as a software developer
• 3+ years of server administration experience in a large network environment.
• 5+ years of experience leading technical projects, or technical components of enterprise projects
• 3+ years of hands on vRealize Platform and development experience • 3+ years of experience with cloud technologies. • Experience implementing solutions at an enterprise level • Understand the fundamentals of database design, and web service (SOAP and REST) integrations
• Familiarity with fundamentals of good user interface design, and human-computer interaction principles. • VMware Certification(s) a strong plus
• Knowledge of converged networking environment • Knowledge of Operating Systems: Windows 2008, 2012, Linux and Unix • Experience with VMware (Vrealize Suite a plus) • Scripting skills with Powershell and ansible • Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy • Experience in a SAN environment • Experience with Cisco rack-mountable servers • Experience with Network protocols • Self-starter with a strong work ethic and a demonstrated ability to work independently or as an active member of a team, willing to take initiative to outline work tasks and deliverables, and to meet with other teams across the organization to develop solutions
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Maintains a professional demeanor while holding customer service and customer satisfaction in highest regard
• Demonstrates initiative, analytical evaluation, and constructive thinking skills.
• Shows ability to change focus and manage transitions.
• Shows willingness to compromise and willingness to adapt to changes in design requirements.
• High degree of creativity and "outside-the-box" thinking.
• Is a results-oriented person with an applied, practical focus
• Demonstrates an ability to translate design specifications into working web applications.
• Has ability to understand the work environment and manage competing priorities in conjunction with developing/meeting project goals.
• Understands the dynamic nature of the requirements gathering, analysis, and prototyping process.
• Detail oriented, with excellent testing and quality assurance skills.
Working Conditions Standard Office Environment, travel to other local offices as required. Must serve on on-call rotation once-per-month
EEO Statement Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
Partners Healthcare System Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
MGH Institute of Health Professions, founded by Massachusetts General Hospital in 1977, is an innovative and independent graduate school in Boston that is a member of Partners HealthCare. A progressive leader in developing comprehensive models of health care education, the MGH Institute prepares advanced practice professionals in the fields of nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy and communication sciences and disorders through a distinctive combination of academic study, clinical practice, and research. More than 1,200 students are enrolled in graduate level and certificate programs, with an increasing number of courses available online. The Institute is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).