Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
As part of continued growth, we are seeking to recruit an experienced individual to join our Client Regulatory team in London, as a Client Regulatory Manager.
The Client Regulatory team operates as a centre of knowledge within the Client Services Group (CSG), and is conversant in regulations that impact clients, such as EMIR, MiFID II, UK SORP, and SFTR. Individuals within this group provide subject matter expertise and act as a first level resource for client facing teams (Client Services, Relationship Management, Consultant Relations, Business Development) as well as engage with clients by e-mail, phone, or in person. The team's objective is to ensure that the firm is able to articulate its position on how we have implemented or complied with regulatory programmes, stay abreast of developments, and implement structure, consistency, and best practices around responding to client inquiries in this area, including associated client reporting.
Team success presumes regular engagement with, and support from, other functional teams such as Legal & Compliance, Trading, Portfolio Services, Investments, and IT, whether on an ad-hoc, working group or governance basis. The team is designed so that subject matter expertise, client engagement, development of best practices/reporting and collaboration with other internal stakeholders/expertise will result in the delivery of a strong client experience in different channels governed by a number of regulations and requirements.
The Client Regulatory Manager will provide a level of subject matter expertise and act as a first level resource across client facing teams (Client Service, Relationship Management, Consultant Relations, Business Development) as well as engage with clients by email, phone or in person. He/she will be able to articulate the firms' position on how we have implemented or complied with regulatory programs (e.g. EMIR, MiFID II, SFTR), stay abreast of developments and implement structure, consistency and best practice around process and responding to client inquiries in this area, including associated client reporting.
The Client Regulatory Manager will primarily serve as a resource for EMEA client facing teams on compliance and regulatory topics and requirements that have client reporting implications, and work with the Client Regulatory Analysts on the team to meet deliverables.
In addition, he/she will interact directly with clients, participating on conference calls, working through issues, and participating in due diligence meetings. This person will work closely with the members of the broader Client Regulatory team, client facing teams, Legal & Compliance, Trading, Portfolio Services, IT and Investments to achieve these objectives.
Responsibilities will include:
* Provide expertise to client facing teams on compliance and regulatory topics, reporting issues and questions and engage with functional subject matter experts as needed;
* Participate, as appropriate, in working groups within the firm that impact compliance and reporting to clients;
* Project manage initiatives on behalf of client facing teams;
* Ensure consistency and best practice across our compliance and regulatory reporting to clients. Work with team members and others to proactively identify needed enhancements for workflows, reports and systems and help drive the cross-functional efforts to develop solutions. Areas may include
improving exception reports to assist in more efficient response to EMIR queries, continuous improvement of MiFID II costs and charges reporting, and other regional TCA/costs and charges requests;
* Serve as a resource to client facing teams and business development colleagues as they work with clients/prospects on compliance and due diligence related matters for new clients or accounts;
* Provide direction to Client Regulatory Analysts within the team as they prepare client reports and respond to queries;
* In collaboration with other functional teams, including CSG colleagues, develop a layman's library or playbook of key regulations and how the firm has responded, including self-serve materials and instructions. This would include EMIR, MiFID II, SFTR, among others. This will ensure a base line level of
knowledge and awareness for client facing teams, as well as where to go for further assistance and subject matter expertise;
* Provide ongoing and regular training and materials for client facing teams to keep information fresh and up to date with developments;
* Attend industry working group meetings and forums, engage with peers, and attend conferences to build connections and assess market practice/trends and best practices.
The successful candidate is likely to have :
* A strong academic background, including an undergraduate degree;
* 10+ years of relevant professional experience, gained within the investment management/funds sector;
* A solid understanding of/experience with EU regulations and/or trade cost analysis within the asset management industry. The successful candidate would not be expected to know all relevant regimes, but to build their knowledge over time;
* The ability to synthesize, condense and convey complex regulatory and policy information to key stakeholders in clear, digestible and simple terms;
* A strong service orientation, including the ability to balance regulatory and policy standards with a business perspective;
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
* Strong business judgement and analytical skills;
* The ability to meet deadlines, and to manage and prioritise multiple projects and issues;
* The ability to identify, research and resolve unfamiliar issues.
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
JOB TITLE Client Regulatory Manager, Client Services Group
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .
Internal Number: 5464032
About Wellington Management Company, LLP
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.