Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are currently seeking to recruit an Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Analyst in London.
ESG Analysts at Wellington facilitate the integration of ESG factors in the management of our client portfolios by having a deep understanding of ESG issues within their coverage sector, and by effectively communicating relevant insights to Portfolio Managers and Analysts. ESG Analysts conduct research to identify the ESG risks and opportunities most relevant to their companies, and work with fundamental Equity and Credit Analysts to consider these risks and opportunities as part of the mosaic of the investment case supporting their recommendations. ESG Analysts are also responsible for making proxy vote recommendations, and for maintaining and executing engagement plans, in collaboration with Equity and Fixed Income investors. In addition to working with investment professionals across the firm, ESG Analysts work with Product Management and Relationship Management teams to both foster the integration process for specific approaches, and to communicate our integration process to clients and prospects.
The successful candidate is likely to:
* Have strong academic credentials, ideally including an advanced qualification (e.g. MBA or CFA);
* Have 10+ years of capital markets research experience, including relevant experience of integrating ESG considerations into investment processes;
* Bring subject matter expertise on governance topics, and environmental and social issues, along with an understanding of how these issues can impact an investment thesis;
* Be able to communicate views clearly, and be credible with company management teams as well as clients;
* Enjoy acting as an individual contributor within a highly collaborative investment culture, and thrive in building strong relationships with colleagues;
* Demonstrate a capacity for differentiated thinking and an ability to problem solve effectively;
* Have strong analytical skills;
* Be self-motivated and able to set priorities;
* Be intellectually curious;
* Exhibit the highest personal and professional integrity and ethical standards.
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
JOB TITLE ESG Research Analyst
JOB FAMILY Research Services
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .
Internal Number: 4660283
About Wellington Management Company, LLP
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.