Bluefield College is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as the Director of Student Engagement.
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Vice President of Student Development, the Director of Student Engagement will work with student leaders and organizations to direct all aspects of campus wide student activities, student leadership and summer programs. The Director will demonstrate the ability to work independently, as well as, collaboratively with team members, faculty, students, alumni, administrators and staff. A flexible work schedule will include days, evenings and some weekends.
Mission of Student Engagement
Partnering in the education of our student body, the Director of Student Engagement fosters purposeful, life-changing learning and holistic development in a Christ-centered environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
The essential duties, responsibilities, and functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Work to create and maintain a healthy environment for the engagement of academic & personal growth of students.
2. Plan and administer campus-wide student activities.
3. Ability to work a flex work schedule including nights and weekends as needed.
4. Oversees the Student Activities Leadership Team with planning/execution of events.
5. Oversee the Student Government Association as they provide leadership to the student body.
6. Budget oversight.
7. Supervise student staff members in the performance of their duties.
8. Serve on College committees as needed.
9. Oversee and provide supervision/guidance/training to Student Leaders involved in campus clubs and Greek Life (in conjunction with Faculty/Staff sponsors).
10. In conjunction with appropriate Faculty/Staff sponsors, oversee Club Leadership hiring and elections.
11. Maintain and administer a student leadership training/development program for all Student Leaders.
12. Assist with selection, training, mentorship, leadership development of Resident Assistants.
13. Complies with all rules, policies, and procedures as established by Bluefield College.
14. Regularly assess effectiveness of student activities and events.
15. Oversee summer programs rentals of residence halls.
16. Oversee, train and develop summer programs student staff.
17. Maintain/manage communication and reservations with outside groups for summer program rentals.
18. Maintain contracts, billing process and collections for summer programs.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL/EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor degree required. 2. Knowledge of higher education is strongly preferred. 3. Must be able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills; Well-developed presentation skills are required. 4. Goal oriented and intrinsically motivated with superior customer focus and networking skills. 5. Facility with MS Office Suite and the Internet as a tool. 6. Ability to build relationships with students. 7. Ability to provide leadership training and development to students. 8. Business attire and personal presentation required daily. 9. Logical thinking and problem solving skills
• Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is not necessarily a physically demanding job and requires no specific physical demands other than those typical in a modern office environment. Normal responsibilities should not afford risks of accidental injury.
• Specialized Equipment Requirements The use of specialized equipment listed here is representative of equipment an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires no specialized equipment other than equipment typically used in a modern office environment, including personal computers, calculators, copiers, and fax machines.
• Working Conditions and Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the duties, responsibilities, and functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties, responsibilities, and functions. This position has no specific working conditions; the work environment is typical to that of a small private residential institution of higher education, with physical remote site locations within 500 miles of the main campus in Bluefield, Virginia.
This position is subject to at least an annual evaluation based upon the job duties, responsibilities, and functions as set forth above.
The job duties, responsibilities, functions, and requirements delineated above should not be interpreted as an all-inclusive list of same. Additional duties, responsibilities, functions, and requirements may be assigned as deemed appropriate. The College reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, responsibilities, and functions, or combine positions at any time. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the College. Position descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The College maintains its status as an at-will employer.
To apply for this position, please visit http://www.bluefield.edu/employment/ to complete the electronic staff employment application and upload the following:
• Letter of interest • Resume or Curriculum Vitae • Names and full contact information for at least three professional references • Statement of Christian Faith
Hard copy application materials may be sent to Judy Pedneau, Director of Human Resources at Bluefield College, 3000 College Avenue, Bluefield, VA 24605, email@example.com.
Additional information about Bluefield College is available at www.bluefield.edu.
To be considered for this position, all application requirements listed above must be completed.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, military service or genetic information in its employment.
About Bluefield College
Bluefield College is an inclusive Christ-centered learning community developing and preparing innovative learners and transformational leaders to impact the world.