The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 72 countries, all 50 United States, and your neighborhood. Founded in 1951, our mission is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
Become a force for nature and healthy planet by joining our team! In Wisconsin, we are fortunate that, no matter where you are, nature is nearby. The Nature Conservancy owns and manages nature preserves for people to enjoy and wildlife to thrive. We also address growing challenges including water pollution, invasive species and climate change. We’re demonstrating new ways to protect nature by working with farmers, foresters and others who make their living from the land. And we’ve launched an ambitious four-year fundraising campaign to bring people together and get more conservation on the ground (and in the water). Join our team and help us create a world where people and nature thrive together!
In support of this work, we’re seeking a dynamic and creative individual to be the Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) who will provide overall direction and leadership for all finance and operations functions within the program, including Finance, Facilities, Information Systems, Office Management and/or Safety. The DFO is a critical member of the Wisconsin Leadership Team, responsible for developing, directing, and executing strategies and plans for all activities related to finance, grants and contracts, facilities and fleet management, information systems, business administration, office management and safety. This position will report to and work in close collaboration with the State Director and serve as a thought partner to the State Director and execute on the chapter’s vision by attracting, shepherding and deploying the necessary resources while working closely with a multitude of stakeholders including the chapter’s leadership team, board of trustees and the internal TNC network as well as external vendors and partners. We appreciate collaborative approaches and encourage innovative ideas and recommendations.
With the support of more than one million members, the Conservancy addresses the most pressing threats to people and nature, working in wild places and in human settled areas including cities. Since its founding in 1951, The Nature Conservancy has protected more than 119 million acres of land and 5,000 miles of rivers worldwide. Through important and strategic partnerships, we are expanding the impact of our work, finding creative ways to pursue our vision of a world where people and nature thrive together, and building long-term relationships with communities and community organizations, government agencies, and commercial businesses. We create partnerships to apply nature based solutions to both climate change and the meeting of human needs while conserving natural resources at a new scale.
If you are interested in working to save the planet, want to work in a collaborative environment, and like a great benefits package then submit your cover letter and resume for position number 46602 by 11:59 pm ET on July 10, 2018
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity EmployerOur commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of diverse people of all genders, backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, gender identities, military or veteran status or other status protected by law.
The ideal candidate will have a background and track record that includes:
· Bachelor’s degree and 6 years related experience or equivalent combination, including 2 years managing operations functions;
· Finance / Accounting experience;
· Experience leading and implementing multiple projects;
· Experience generating financial reports, and analyzing and interpreting data;
· Experience developing and administering departmental budget or equivalent;
· Inclusive leadership skills and experience managing teams with a commitment to respecting team dynamics, and a strong ability to understand and credit diverse perspectives, and synthesize multiple perspectives to achieve the best outcome.
· Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated;
· Ability to work in partnership with others in a collaborative or advisory role;
· Demonstrated ability to conceive and write creatively for various audiences;
· Expertise in current and evolving technology related to field of experience;
· Expert knowledge of current and evolving trends in relevant discipline, preferably in a non-profit environment;
· Successful experience managing and implementing strategic program goals;
· Superior planning and problem-solving skills;
· Accounting degree and CPA accreditation; and/or
Non-profit GAAP accounting experience
Internal Number: 46602
About The Nature Conservancy
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in 72 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, our mission is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.