Registered Nurse, RN Labor Delivery, 5 Month Temp Position
Platinum Business Corporation
June 11, 2018
Fort Stewart , Georgia
Temp to Full Time - Experienced
Armed Forces, Government, Hospital, Public and Private
Outstanding Temporary Registered Nurse, RN Labor and Delivery at Winn Army Community Hospital, Fort Stewart, GA.
Come Join Our Team of exceptional health care providers at Winn Army Community Hospital and experience immense pride others have discovered in caring for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Elevate your career by applying for our Registered Nurse, RN Labor and Delivery temporary opportunity in support of Winn Army Community Hospital, Fort Stewart, GA!
* Excellent Compensation, with Shift Differentials!
* Temporary Position (full time hours), 8 or 12 hour shifts, weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Duration time frame 5 months, May - Sep 2018!
* PTO! Paid Federal Holidays (time and a half if worked), Paid Sick Leave!
* Malpractice Insurance Provided!
DUTIES: The duties include but are not limited to the following:
* Shall perform speculum exams to assess for ruptured membranes.
* Perform vaginal exams to determine cervical dilation.
* Correctly utilize electronic fetal monitoring.
* Apply and trouble shoot external monitors.
* Assist with the application of interval monitors and trouble shoot.
* Interpret fetal monitor tracings and implement appropriate nursing care.
* Assist with special OB procedures, i.e., amniocentesis, external versions, antepartum testing.
* Administer IV push medications.
* Assess patient's stage of labor and implement appropriate nursing care.
* Perform circulating duties in the delivery room.
* Provide initial and/or resuscitative care to the newborn.
* Recognize signs of labor complications, to include abruption, previa, uterine rupture, hemorrhage, eclampsia, and implement appropriate care.
* Implement and monitor pitocin augmentation or induction of labor.
* Administer magnesium sulfate, terbutalane and ritodrine correctly and monitor effect.
* Assess vital signs and provide care accordingly.
* Performs Venipuncture and maintains IV therapy to include administration of IV medications.
* Utilizes sterile technique when necessary.
* Monitor patients for complication of recovery stage of labor.
* Prepares patients for C-Section or surgery as needed. Functions as circulating nurse during C-Sections.
* Instruct and/or reinforces the use of relaxation and breathing techniques during labor.
* Monitor diabetic patient in labor.
* Identify pre-term labor and provide appropriate care.
* Assess the sensory and motor level of Epidural block and document appropriately. Identify when a block is too high and what corrective measures to take.
* Assess epidural insertion site.
STAFFING & SCHEDULING
* Winn Army Community Hospital provides medical services 24/7 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. Personnel shall be required to work up to 12 hour rotating shifts weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Shifts include a non-paid 30 minute break.
* Duty hours shall consist of an 8-hour or 12-hour shift as follows: a) 12 hours: 0645 – 1915 or 1845 – 0715 and/or b) 8 hours: 0645 – 1515; 1445 – 2315 or 2245 – 0715.
* Place of Performance: L&D RNs are to provide services in support of the United States Army, Medical Department Activity, Fort Stewart, GA. Performance of services under this contract may be required in alternate locations on and off the installation to include but not limited to Winn Army Community Hospital, Hawks Troop Medical Clinic (TMC), Tuttle Army Health Clinic, North TMC and Richmond Hill Patient Centered Medical Home.
Platinum Business Corporation provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEOwww.platinumcorporation.com
*Education: Registered Nurse shall have a graduate degree from a program that provides a diploma or degree in nursing from a National League of Nursing (NLN) /American Education Service (AES) accredited school.
* Licensure: Shall possess a valid, unencumbered unrestricted license to practice nursing (nothing that has to be reported to a board of nursing) as a minimum in at least one state or territory in the United States.
* Experience: Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse shall have a minimum of one (1) year experience within the last three (3) years working in a combined Labor and Delivery Unit or Labor Delivery Recovery and Postpartum (LDRP) unit.
* Certifications: Possess and maintain current American Heart Association certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification.
* Additional Required Knowledge and Experience: 1) Prior to start of employment, the RN shall be administered by proctor a written certification test to with respect to performing duty in all areas. RNs must score 80 overall and 100 on arrhythmia recognition. 2) Math/Medication Test: Prior to start of employment, the RN shall be administered by proctor a medication test. This required test is to determine the RNs ability to calculate medication dosage, and to verify RN familiarization with medications common to this facility. A grade of 80 is considered passing.
* Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a background check/security clearance.
Additional Salary Information: Excellent Compensation with Shift Differentials, PTO and Paid Holidays!
Internal Number: 1007
About Platinum Business Corporation
Platinum Business Corporation, provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEO www.platinumcorporation.com
BACK TO TOP
For customer support, please call 1-888-491-8833. We are open Monday - Friday 8:30am (EST) - 5:30pm (EST)