Union Level: Department: Student Life Campus: Stockton Posting Number: 201301301P Full or Part Time: Full Time Number of Months: 12 Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours, may require additional hours to meet business needs. Position End Date: Open Date: 03/13/2018 Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Special Instructions:
Primary Purpose: The Director of Health Services is a health care professional responsible for the administration of health services on Pacific's three campuses. Coordinates with Director of Counseling and Psychological (CAPS) Services to ensure continuity and coordination of care. Provides leadership and supervision to the Health Services team. Oversees administration of policies and procedures, budget, billing, student health insurance plan and health records management. Coordinates and contributes to Health Services outreach activities. Reports to the Assistant Vice President for Student Life and serves as part of Student Life team of Directors.
Essential Functions: Oversees the delivery of health services through health clinics and manages the daily operations of Health services to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, and with laws governing health care facilities and providers.
1. Provides overall supervision of clinic staff ensuring necessary coverage for delivery of services across three campuses. Leads staff orientation, development, and retention efforts for Health Services. Provides annual staff performance evaluation. Cultivates a cohesive service delivery team.
2. Collaborates with Director of (CAPS) to ensure responsiveness of front desk operations, coordinate coverage across departments and serve Pacific students effectively.
3. Maintains relationship with area health care providers and facilities ensuring continued coordination of care for Pacific students. Consults with outside vendors to obtain medications, vaccines, supplies and services. Collaborates with consulting physicians regarding quality assurance and compliance.
4. Oversees the management of resources for Health Services, including the budget, equipment, pharmaceutical, medical, building and office supplies, and facility for clinics on three campuses. Collaborates with Director of CAPS to make informed resource decisions. Helps negotiate student health insurance options and coverage with assistance from a broker.
5. Ensures Nurse Practitioner policies and procedures are reviewed and updated as needed to comply with laws and regulations governing medical providers and facilities.
6. Provides medical treatment to students as needed following standard medical practices allowed under licensure and/or at the direction of treating/consulting physician. Provides preventive health care information and guidance; refers patients to other healthcare professionals and facilities, as indicated; diagnosis and treatment of common, acute illness, injuries; and management and follow-up of chronic diseases. Completes timely, accurate documentation of student medical records and related forms.
7. Collaborates with campus partners and outside partners to administer special programs as needed. Oversees the administration of clinics and staff to ensure electronic records management adheres to privacy laws and other relevant regulations; the administration of the immunization policy and ensure students comply with policy; the administration of annual athletic physicals and ongoing care of student athletes.
8. Responsible to support division in areas of strategic planning and outcome assessment of program, accreditation process, and develop and administer outreach activities.
9. Responsible for coordinating emergency efforts with CDC and local agencies regarding the threat of outbreaks and manages the details involved with our three campuses.
10. Engages in continual updates of healthcare knowledge and skills related to work with college students.
Possess relevant licensure to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or physician in the state of California or the ability to secure California license within 12 months.
Experience as supervisor in a clinic or medical unit or Masters degree in Public Health Administration.
Experience in Higher Education setting.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
Knowledge of student development and health care needs of college students, management of multi-site clinics, electronic record management systems, and extensive coordination of care.
Demonstrated ability in outcome assessment.
Knowledge of healthcare systems.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in clinical atmosphere. Frequent standing and verbal communication. Occasional sitting, walking and use of computer. Infrequent bending, stooping, lifting and reaching. May be required to lift up to 25 lbs. Contact with occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens may reasonably be anticipated. Personal protective equipment will be provided to reduce or eliminate exposure to routine or limited infectious agents.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work performed during standard business hours, may require additional hours to meet business needs.
Valid drivers license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the Universitys fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
Background Check Statement: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement: University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented. Explore University of the Pacific www.pacific.edu