Rich text editor, HRS_JO_PST_DSCR_DESCRLONG$1, press ALT 0 for help.
The Global Service Desk Supervisor is primarily responsible for the day to day operations of the Global Service Desk. Acts as a primary point of contact for all support issues and maintains communication link between the Manager of Client Service and Support and the end users. Supervises the support and troubleshooting activities, including responding to Technical Analysts questions and problems via phone, e-mail, and desk-side support for a 7x24x365 global help desk.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Global Service Desk Supervisor leads the Technical Support Analysts minor hardware issues, answers questions on a variety of software applications, and assists with remote access issues for lawyers and staff. In addition, this position acts as primary technical support for a variety of department-specific programs, and may also be involved in application testing during upgrades and roll-outs.
This position provides the supervising of front-line support to 48 offices worldwide on a 7x24x365 basis. The candidate will have an assigned shift but must be able to work any shift as required to meet the business need.
This position will supervise but not limited to the following areas:
• First Level Escalation Management
• Service Request Management
• Phone – Monitoring volumes
• Email – Monitoring volumes
• Support Process Enforcement
• Outage Notifications
• Front End Message management
• Document Management
• Knowledge Base Team content management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
A successful candidate must have:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are needed to excel in this position, as well as a demonstrated ability to meet obligations with confidentiality, integrity and sensitivity.
• Technical associate or college and/or university level training or equivalent in technically or analytically related field is strongly preferred.
• Previous help desk experience in a law firm setting is also preferred, but not required.
• 3-4 year’s previous leading or supervising technical information systems experience, with responsibility for supervising hardware and software installation and troubleshooting with particular expertise in a Microsoft Office 2010 environment.
• High school diploma/GED required; college and/or university level training or equivalent in technically or analytically related field is strongly preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required.
The Firm is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Firm that employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. This policy governs all aspects of employment including, without limitation, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, assignment and dismissal. In addition, it is the Firm’s policy to provide an environment that is free of unlawful harassment of any kind including, without limitation, that which is sexual, racial, age-related, disability-related or ethnic background-related.
K&L Gates LLP delivers legal services on an integrated and global basis, with over 2,000 lawyers on five continents. We represent a broad array of leading global corporations in every major industry, capital markets participants, and ambitious middle-market and emerging growth companies. We also serve public sector entities, educational institutions, philanthropic organizations, and individuals. O...ur lawyers counsel clients on their most sophisticated legal challenges in all areas of corporate and regulatory law as well as litigation.
We are leaders in legal issues relating to industries critical to the economies of both the developed and developing worlds—technology, manufacturing, energy, transportation, telecommunications, financial services, and life sciences, among others.
Back to top
For customer support, please call 1-888-491-8833. We are open Monday - Friday 8:30am (EST) - 5:30pm (EST)