- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field. Master’s or other advanced degree preferred.
- Teaching experience, preferably with urban youth and those with disparate learning needs. (Certification not required)
- Demonstrated experience with a multicultural student population.
- Demonstrated classroom management skills, and methods that encourage the development of active and independent learning habits.
- Familiarity with the Massachusetts Core Standards preferred, or a willingness to be acquainted with standards.
- Instructors are paid $1460 - $1820 per course section.
Classes are held daily Monday through Friday.
The summer program is scheduled to run from Sunday, June 25th through Friday, August 4th
Orientation will be held June 21st – 23rd
Classes are 50 minutes in length and meet between 9:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. daily.
Upward Bound courses will take place this summer at Anna Maria College, in Paxton, MA (near Worcester): http://www.annamaria.edu/about/contact/campus-map.
Upward Bound participants are low-income and/or first-generation college-bound students in grades 10-12. Our students attend underperforming partner high schools; some are at high risk for academic failure; others are on the honor roll. As a group, they have academic skills and grade point averages that vary widely.
Please email a copy of your current resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include desired subject areas in your cover area.
Applications will be reviewed in the order that they are received.
The University of Massachusetts Boston provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, the University of Massachusetts Boston complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the university operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Among the procedures which may be used to select personnel to fill vacant positions are review of work experience, reference checks, and interviews. All appointments and promotions will be effective on a Sunday.
Please email email@example.com or call 617-287-5845
For more information about the program, please visit us online at: www.umb.edu/academics/vpass/support_programs/upward_bound