Providence is calling a Registered Nurse to the Dialysis Unit at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Registered Nurse will be accountable for the delivery and supervision of safe, quality care that is individualized for their assigned patients and follows the nursing process in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act (assessment, planning implementation, evaluation).
This is a .6 FTE (24 hours per week), 12-hour day-shift position.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for the assessment, treatment and care of patients in populations and ages as assigned.
- Access, analyze, customize, coordinate and communicate the patient's plan of care and activities collaboratively with other members of the health care team. Families and or significant others will be included within the plan of care as appropriate.
- Direct, delegate and manage the care delivered by colleagues and subordinates.
- Perform all duties in a manner that respects and supports the family centered care model.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of Nursing
- Current Registered Nurse licensure
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within three (3) years or 20 years of RN experience
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska at time of hire
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification from one of the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA), or Military Training Network (MTN) upon hire
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card upon hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year Registered Nurse experience in an acute care hospital
- Prior experience as a registered nurse in dialysis
- Prior experience working with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) such as EPIC
- Prior experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
About the Dialysis Unit
The Dialysis Department provides dialysis therapy to inpatients that require this treatment. Their diagnosis can include acute renal failure, chronic renal failure, end stage renal disease, or drug overdoses. Conventional hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis treatments are provided.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Dialysis Nursing
Req ID: 135523