NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a SAS Clinical Programmer.
This position will be joining NYULMC's DataCore, an innovative organization that utilizes state-of-the-art technology and informatics products to meet the clinical research needs of a prestigious institution. The incumbent will develop reports, tables, listings, and figures (TLFs) using clinical data from electronic data capture (EDC) systems, registries, and electronic data warehouses (EDWs). They will also participate in the planning, control, and management of clinical trials systems and work closely with clinical research personnel to develop systems tailored to the specific needs of each study. This position will report to the Director of DataCore and work closely with NYULMC's MCIT Research staff, as well as Project Managers and Data Managers, to assess the data extraction, transformation, reporting, and analytics requirements of clinical research studies. The successful candidate will have experience in retrieving and assembling clinical data from multiple sources, creating derived datasets, and implementing data specifications to transform study data into CDISC-compliant datasets. They will have experience in employing SAS and/or similar software/programming languages for data transformation and analysis. Specifically, they will be skilled in developing programs to import complex external data from a variety of sources into SAS or export SAS output to other formats. In addition, the incumbent will have experience in reports programming, output validation, and project documentation. Lastly, they will possess working knowledge of accepted data standards such as Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC) Clinical Data Acquisition Standards Harmonization (CDASH) and Study Data Tabulation Model (SDTM).
- Participate in development of strategic plans for new projects and facilities and serve in an advisory capacity on database procedures and best practices.
- Assist in establishing procedures and best practices for implementation of data standards.
- Ensure compliance with external and internal regulations and policies governing data management and data systems, including but not limited to good clinical practice (GCP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and organizational standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provide consultation and administer training for users on the operation of clinical trials systems and tools.
- Troubleshoot system/software problems through resolution.
- Develop data extraction programs/routines for data transfer to authorized agencies or individuals.
- Combine disparate data sources into an integrated database or dataset.
- Develop standard and ad hoc query reports for data integrity monitoring and project management purposes.
- Program reports, including listings, summary tables and graphics, for assigned studies and projects.
- Design, program, validate and administer electronic data capture (EDC) systems, registries, web sites and other informatics systems and products.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 3-6 years related experience.
- In-depth understanding of data collection, data flow management, data quality, data extraction and data standards (knowledge of CDISC standards for CDASH, SDTM and ADaM a plus).
- Experience with multiple programming languages (SAS programming language, R, SQL or other languages/tools as required, SAS Certification desired), including the creation of data entry and query screens/processes and data quality checks.
- Experience in reports and query development, especially for data validation and data quality assessment; experience with electronic data capture (EDC) and database management systems (e.g., REDCap, Velos, Medidata, TrialMaster, Inform, etc.).
- In-depth knowledge of research processes, clinical operations, and data quality management.
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated proficiency in quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks, and priorities; work independently with minimal supervision and execute tasks to completion without a great deal of direction.
- Experience in training users in operation of clinical trials software and tools.
- Ability to exercise judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness in making decisions in consultation with clinical research personnel, and independently if necessary.
- Demonstrated strong teamwork and organizational skills; outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- SAS Certification desired; experience in programming tables, listings, and figures (TLFs) for oncology clinical trials preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.