| The Assistant Vice President - Analyst (AVP) will be part of Moody's Southwest Local Governments Team. This is a challenging, high profile role. The AVP will be responsible for providing insightful credit analysis of local government and enterprise debt obligations in his or her portfolio, and for contributing to the maintenance of the team's entire portfolio of existing ratings. The AVP will also be responsible for responding to investor and press inquiries, contributing to Moody's overall public finance risk analysis, participating in and representing the team at conferences and meetings and writing both in-depth research reports and quick-turnaround, news-driven commentary. |
This opportunity involves having a general understanding of broader public finance trends and developing both an in-depth knowledge of specific Southwest local governments. The position also requires the development of a thorough understanding of Moody's rating methodologies and their unbiased application.
The AVP is expected to provide thought-leading analysis, topical research and commentary with minimal oversight, and, over-time, guidance for more junior analysts. The AVP will also help manage effective interaction with government representatives, financial intermediaries, investors and other market participants.
More specifically, he or she will be responsible for the following:
- In-depth, fundamental credit analysis of individual local governments within a diverse portfolio as lead analyst; presenting the analysis effectively and comprehensively at rating reviews and rating committees. These reviews are for sales and surveillance-cycle driven reviews.
- Publication of insightful, clear and focused research on rating actions, high-quality focused research on credit trends for the states and sectors we cover and short-news driven commentary on recent credit developments.
- Developing Moody's franchise through effective investor and intermediary outreach through a variety of outlets, including regional conferences and Moody's investor briefings.
- Adherence to all applicable regulatory, code of conduct and best practice requirements and standards.
Local Government Rating Team - Dallas
- Strong academic background - graduate degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Economics or Business strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills - demonstrated ability to convey complex analytical issues clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing; public speaking experience
- Five or more years of experience in public finance or a related field and/or expertise in local government budgeting, accounting, and finance
- Sound judgment - capable of developing independent opinion and defending own views
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills
- Highly organized, efficient, and detail-oriented, with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines, assuming responsibility for workflow and work product
- Ability to ensure ongoing self-development
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.