Providence is calling a Behavioral Health Registered Nurse to Chemical Dependency at Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA.
We are seeking an experienced Registered Nurse to be responsible for ensuring that our mental health patients and their families receive excellent care. This is a night shift position working 12 hour shifts, and will also have a weekend rotation.
In this position you will:
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care needs for patients who are in a behavioral health environment, taking both physical and psychosocial elements into consideration.
- Record and monitor patient condition as appropriate using computerized documentation programs.
- Use open and clear communication with patients, family members, and multidisciplinary medical professionals.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
At Providence Regional Medical Center Everett we are committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. Literature shows that having BSN-prepared RNs contributes significantly to the quality of care. To that end, we are requiring that all nurses be either BSN-prepared or achieve their BSN within five (5) years of hire.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in Washington State
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) - required within five (5) years of hire
- Recent experience in behavioral health/chemical dependency setting
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state's most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of Epic EMR will significantly enhance our patient's experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: PACU / Recovery
Req ID: 148278