Providence is calling a Cook to Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, WA.
This is an on call position. We're seeking a detail-oriented individual to prepare high quality and nutritious foods for patients, staff and visitors.
In this position you will:
- Follow standardized recipes to prepare hot meals, and use knowledge of dietary restrictions to make modifications as necessary
- Assist in dish room (washing dishes, pots, pans, and cleaning area and restocking)
- Adhere to all sanitary regulations governing the handling, storage preparation and serving of food
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or GED
- Food Handlers Card within 14 days of hire
- One year experience preparing foods in high quantities and use of institutional equipment
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Knowledge or training in special diets
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, Washington is a 127-bed, not-for-profit hospital providing emergency, diagnostic, cancer, birthing and surgical services. It consistently receives high scores on accreditation surveys by the Joint Commission, the Washington Department of Health (DOH) and the Washington Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS).
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Food Service
Req ID: 143933