Providence is calling a Financial Analyst ( Full Time / Day Shift ) to Providence John Wayne Cancer Institute Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- Support financial planning needs.
- Prepare project budgets to be submitted to grant or contract sponsor. The Financial Analyst will be required to be learn requirements of each sponsor and to negotiate with sponsors.
- Perform post-award financial work including the review and processing of expenses, invoices, requests for re-budgeting, carry-forward, no cost extensions, cost transfers, change of Principal Investigator and close out activities.
- Preparation of annual operating budgets, ad hoc financial reports, and any required special analysis.
- Establish new projects in Financial system and monitor expenses on existing projects. Ensure compliance with sponsor and government regulations, policies, agency guidelines, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare and submit financial reports and coordinate preparation and submission of narrative and other sponsor required reports.
- Prepare monthly activity reports, and attend monthly Finance meetings with Principal Investigators to review financials.
- Liaise with Finance, HR, Payroll, and other departments on behalf of Principal Investigators and their labs.
- Create and maintain actual, budget, and variance reports.
- Review and monitor grant and contract expenditures against award budgets.
- Review payroll transactions and expense transfers for allowability and funds availability.
- Manage grant and contract account receivables.
- Assist Principal Investigators in seeking and applying for new grant and contract opportunities.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- B.A. / B.S. in Finance / Accounting / Business Administration or other relevant field.
- At least three years of experience in related field such as university, research institute, hospital or medical center, non-profit, local or state government, etc.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to compose clear, concise, logical and grammatically correct correspondence, reports, memos and other forms of written communication.
- Strong skills in editing and formatting of documents.
- Excel skills.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate fiscal information to principal investigators, management, administration, and other large groups.
- Requires strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with many people across a broad range of cultural backgrounds and ages.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Proficient in P.C. software applications including, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and appropriately prioritize.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and privacy in accordance to hospital policy.
About the hospital you will serve:
The John Wayne Cancer Institute at Providence Saint John's Health Center is a cancer research institute dedicated to the understanding and curing of cancer in order to eliminate patient suffering worldwide. The Institute's mission is accomplished by conducting innovative research focused on biological mechanisms to provide new understandings of the cause, diagnosis, control, and cure of cancer; training the next generation of surgical scientists who study and treat cancer; and researching unique experimental treatment services to rapidly develop and test new forms of diagnosis and therapy in order to improve the quality of life and expected survival of those afflicted with cancer.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 149967