Mineta San José International Airport is currently recruiting for an Airport Operations Superintendent.
Closing Date: Apr 17, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
This position will be assigned into the programs within the Airport Operations Division including Airside/Terminal Management, Security, and Landside. Programs within these sections include airfield operations, Manager-On-Duty, noise monitoring, terminal management, public parking, airport shuttle and ground transportation, parking and traffic control, security compliance, airport identification badging, emergency planning, general aviation and Airport Operations Center functions.
This position may be required to supervise a large number of staff and requires an individual who can provide a high level of leadership and supervision. Additionally, the position may interact regularly with Airport customers, contractors, tenants, government agencies, and other City departments. Successful candidates must demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
Any combination of training and experience equivalent to:
1. Airport Operations Superintendent I: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Aviation Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or a closely related field AND four (4) years of experience in the aviation field, including two (2) years at the level of Airport Operations Supervisor I or higher. Aviation experience is typically gained by working for the following types of organizations: airport, airline, fixed based operator, airport related contractor, aviation related government agency, or military aviation.
2. Airport Operations Superintendent II: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Aviation Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or a closely related field AND two (2) certifications from an airport industry professional organization AND six (6) years of experience in the aviation field, including two (2) years at the level of Airport Operations Superintendent I.
The job description for Airport Operations Supervisor can be found here; http://www.sanjoseca.gov/humanResources/spec/3524s005.htm
3. License/Certificates: Possession of a valid driver's license authorizing operation of a motor vehicle. Must also meet the Airport's Insurance Carriers requirements for coverage. Must obtain a Movement Area Driving Permit within three (3) months of entering position.
4. Employment Eligibility: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their eligibility to work in this country. Please be informed that the City of San José will not prepare or file a labor condition application with the Department of Labor. This Airport position requires a background check and a TSA Security check. The candidate must be fingerprinted and qualify under all applicable TSA and Airport regulations.
Additional Salary Information: This position includes the following benefits:
- Health benefits
- Dental benefits
- Health and Dental In lieu plan
- Vacation Days
- Paid holidays
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- Competitive retirement program with full reciprocity with CALPERS.
San José’s quality of life is unsurpassed. Located roughly 50 miles south of San Francisco and 30 miles east of Pacific Coast beaches, the City is in a valley surrounded by the Diablo and Santa Cruz mountain ranges and enjoys an average of 300 days of sunshine a year. The City is readily accessible to the beaches along the California coast including Monterey and Carmel, Yosemite and Lake Tahoe in ...the Sierra Nevadas, Napa Valley, and the rich cultural life of the entire region. Universities in and near San José include San José State University, Santa Clara University, Stanford University, University of California at Berkeley, University of California at San Francisco, and University of California at Santa Cruz.
Those living and working in San José have access to the City’s many attractions, cultural and performing arts, and recreational opportunities. A year-round calendar of festivals and celebrations supports the community spirit. Nearby open space provides easy access to mountain parks, trails, lakes, and streams. San José has received accolades for its living and working climate from publications including Business Week and Money Magazine, as well as other national media. Recently, Spering’s Best Places rated San Jose #1 as the healthiest city in America.
Mineta San José International Airport (SJC) is managed by the City of San José’s Aviation Department as an enterprise operation. The Airport has a eleven-member Advisory Board appointed by the Mayor and City Council.
Back to top
For customer support, please call 1-888-491-8833. We are open Monday - Friday 8:30am (EST) - 5:30pm (EST)