|Application Requirements: |
To be considered for this position, applicants must include the following items in their application package:
- Letter of formal application that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the assigned responsibilities (Cover Letter).
- Responses to the following: What personal and professional work have you done in order to broaden your understanding of multiculturalism? AND How have you infused multiculturalism into your classroom in order for students to be challenged/motivated/inspired to be a part of a multicultural society? AND Pierce College has set a goal of closing gaps in degree/certificate completion for all student populations by 2020. How will you contribute to this effort? (Supplemental Question).
- Detailed curriculum vitae of all educational and professional experience, which includes a list of courses taught (Curriculum Vitae).
- Unofficial copies of all college and university transcripts that include degree received and confer date. International transcripts must include a foreign transcript evaluation. For a list of approved credential evaluation services visit: http://naces.org/members.htm. (Unofficial transcripts acceptable for application process; official transcripts required prior to hire) (Transcripts).
- A list of four current professional references with name, relationship to candidate, address, email address, and telephone number. Letters of recommendation will not be accepted in lieu of a list of professional references (References).
Terms of Employment:
This position, which is contingent upon funding, is a full-time, tenure-track assignment of 173 contracted days per year with the tenure process starting in September 2017, and with the opportunity to start working an earlier quarter. Assignment may include district discipline/program coordination, as well as evening, hybrid, and/or online teaching. This is a District position with a "home" campus assignment. Initial placement of this position will be at the Puyallup campus. Candidates will be working for a District Dean and will be required to attend district meetings as well as collaborate with colleagues across the district and across departments.
Initial salary placement is based on the current full-time faculty salary schedule and is dependent upon education and experience. Salary placement for newly hired full-time faculty will be at one of five levels based upon qualifications including teaching experience and credentials. The five levels range from $50,305 to $54,498 per 173-day academic year. Opportunities for summer employment and other assignments are in addition to the base salary.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the application and employment process will be accommodated to the extent reasonably possible. Requests should be made to the District Human Resources Office by calling 253-964-7342. Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may dial 711 to place a call through Washington Relay, the state's free telecommunication access service
Screening & Interview Process:
Only those candidates who have complied with the application process and have met the required qualifications will be considered. The most desirable candidates will be contacted for an interview. Application materials submitted to Pierce College are the property of the College and will not be returned.
Conditions of Employment:
- As a condition of employment, all Full-time Faculty bargaining unit members must either join the Pierce College Federation of Teachers or pay a representation fee.
- An offer of employment will not carry with it any responsibility or obligation on the part of the District to sponsor an H-1B visa. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, proof of authorization to work in the United States will be required at the time of hire.
- Pierce College has adopted a Drug Free Workplace policy. As a condition of employment, employees must agree to abide by the requirements established in this policy.
The Pierce College District is an equal opportunity employer. The Board of Trustees and Pierce College District are committed to providing equal opportunity and will not discriminate in terms and conditions of employment and personnel practices for all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, age, perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal.
For more information or assistance regarding your application, contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions regarding equal employment opportunities or discrimination may be directed to the following:
Holly Gorski, Vice President of Human Resources/Title IX Coordinator
9401 Farwest Drive SW
Lakewood, Washington 98498
Paula Henson-Williams, District Affirmative Action Officer