Associate Treasurer for Asset Management
$145,288.00 – $176,296.00
The incumbent will be responsible for Asset Management in the Office of Finance and Treasury. The incumbent will advise and assist the Deputy CFO and Treasurer regarding all of the inflows, outflows and investment of funds, including operating funds and funds that are designated for specific purposes; the various pension and college plans under the purview of OFT; and the District’s unclaimed property program. In addition, duties include but are not limited to:
- Administering activities and operations of OFT, under the direct supervision of the Treasurer.
- Incumbent will take direction from the Treasurer, but will have significant autonomy to manage the functions under his/her authority, within the parameters of the legal requirements and policy guidelines established by the Chief Financial Officer and the Treasurer.
- Managing the financial assets and transactions of the District, including a) cash management, account funding and investment of working capital/operating funds; b) special investment/savings programs; and c) the unclaimed property program and Accounting unit for OFT, by managing the units and managers that manage those functions and programs.
- Managing the District’s cash and liquid assets, ensuring that accounts are properly funded as needed to meet the District’s payment obligations and managing the process of executing wire transfers initiated by OFT and various District agencies.
- Managing the District’s investment of all cash balances, specifically the District’s short term Investment Portfolio in the most efficient and effective manner, in accordance with the District’s Deposit and Investment Act and investment policy guidelines, including managing the OFT’s relationships with the broker/dealers and banks in which the District does investment business. Managing the Administration of District’s 401(a) defined contribution plan, 457 deferred compensation plan, 529 college saving plan, and other post-employment benefits (OPEB) plan, including managing the outside firms that provide professional assistance and plan administration, management, and/or investment services to these plans/programs; working effectively with the Executive Office of the Mayor and/or the Office of Human Resources on various matters associated with these programs, as appropriate; and producing reports for, and responding to inquiries from, constituents/stakeholders in these programs.
- Managing the District’s unclaimed property unit and program to ensure the unit responds to inquires timely and collects from holders efficiently and effectively.
- Managing the process of ensuring that all transactions executed by the Asset Management division are timely and accurately accounted for and entered into the District’s financial accounting system.
- Assisting and advising the Treasurer regarding his/her role and duties associated with the DC Retirement Board by providing advice and assistance on pertinent management and investment issues under the Board’s purview.
- Assisting in the periodic review and updating of financial policies and procedures for the functions under his/her management. Advising and making recommendations to the Treasurer regarding the functioning and business processes/practices of the units/programs under management. Preparing, or managing the preparation of, reports on the District’s financial position and reports on the performance and status of all functions under management.
- Drafting testimony for hearings before the District’s City Council, on behalf of the Treasurer, regarding the performance and current status of the functions under management.
- Initiating requests for filling vacancies, participating in selection of new personnel, recommending promotions or reassignments, resolving grievances within the division, and conducting informal or formal training sessions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
For initial review, please submit your resume to Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Human Resources Division to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To complete an application or for additional details related to this vacancy, please visit www.cfo.dc.gov and reference announcement number: 17-FI-OFT-0005
The OCFO offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, and educational assistance.
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER